I don’t think it’s a secret to anyone that knows me but for everyone else, you should know that I’m a huge Tennessee Titans fan. I became a fan of the team while living in Nashville TN and watching the team transition from Houston to Tennessee. As a waitress in a sports-themed restaurant, we would have the games turned on loudly while serving die-hard fans chicken wings and beer. Following the games, some of the players would come in to celebrate their victory before a night on the town or to drown their sorrow following a loss.
Needless to say, I was dismayed when the lock out threatened the start of the upcoming football season. However, as with most negotiations, it seems like a compromise is almost always reached at the 11th hour.
Here are five reasons I am excited about football season (don’t judge me):
- It’s my incentive to get up for 8am church service on Sunday mornings
- Great excuse to eat more pizza on Monday nights
- Bonding experience for me and my son
- Excellent small talk topic
- The uniforms – need I say more?