I know that I am not supposed to be searching for Mr. Right and technically I am not. You know how the saying goes… “He that finds a wife…” so I am patiently waiting for him to find me.
However, I would not be me if I didn’t put my own spin on the waiting process. One of things that I realized while going through my waiting process was that sometimes my emotions would cloud my rational thinking. To combat this, I created an Excel spreadsheet that calculates the percentage compatibility of me and my date. I know some people think this is going overboard but it is important for me to make rational decisions. Of course, there have been instances where someone had a low percentage but we were vibing so the relationship lasted a little longer. But I realized that those little things that I didn’t think mattered, were really important.
Anyway, check out some of the things that I pray my future mate will have and tell me if you think it’s overrated.
- Appreciative – no one wants to feel like they are being taken for granted
- Christian heart – good intentions go a long way, you would be surprised at how many jerks are out there
- Compassionate – if you don’t care about your fellow-man, I find it hard to believe you can truly care for me
- Consistently employed – you must have steady employment if you want to be the head of a household, doesn’t really matter what you do but you have to do something
- Desire to travel – love to see the world and want someone to share that passion with
- Enjoys celebrating holidays – I am a big family person and love the food, festivities and family time, I don’t want to be around anyone that will complain the whole time, stay home
- Good father figure – I work hard at being a good mother and expect my mate to take parenting just as seriously
- Golfer – this one could be negotiable but I prefer someone who will share my love of the sport because my ideal retirement involves being somewhere in a sunny state living in a golf community
- Honesty – yeah, it’s amazing how easy guys lie to you and think you don’t know the difference, I just chose not to confront it and move on
- Intelligent – this doesn’t have to be through an institution but I like talking to someone who knows something about something, not really important what (but it helps if it’s something that I’m interested in)
- Self confident – I can’t have someone who relies on me to make them feel good, I have no problem stroking a man’s ego but he has to be worthy of receiving such accolades
- Taller than me – yeah, it sounds superficial but I just can’t date a guy who is shorter than me
- Triple fashion threat – these are straight bonus points but there is nothing sexier than a man who can switch it up, you know he looks great in a business suit, can switch it up with a nice, trendy casual look and then rock the sporty look without looking corny… sounds easy but it is very rare
- Willing and able to cook – a girl likes to eat and doesn’t always want to cook, I love to cook but it’s nice to share those duties
- Willing to give time to charity – I have actually dated guys that thought it was a waste of time to donate time to charity, the catch is that I don’t want him to do it for me but it should be something already in his spirit
All right… I’m ready… tell me that you think I’m crazy, I can handle it… there are nine more that couldn’t be posted 😉