Clever people make the world go around. While tweeting, which I do quite often, I ran across someone with the username @candycoatedbags. Unlike the typical username that includes a first and/or last name, I didn’t have a clue who this person was but was intrigued by the username. After a week or so, she began popping up everywhere in my Twitter timeline so it was time to do some research.
Meet Stephanie Valentine, Owner of Candy Coated Bags. Currently, she operates an online handbag store, sells items by appointment and has plans for a retail location in the near future. When asked what made her start the business, she said that she bought purses that she liked and sold them. The key was purchasing items that she liked, in case no one else wanted to buy them. Somehow with her great sense of style, I don’t forsee this being a problem.
What makes Stephanie so special that today is all about her? Like many of the people in my network, Stephanie understands the power of using social networking to build her business. Many would question the need for social networking to sell purses, but a key business fact is “people do business with their friends.” So often, we discount the role that relationships play in growing a sustainable business; however Stephanie is embracing this fact and using it to her advantage.
Take a few minutes to check out Stephanie’s sites and see how she is using her network to create a successful business.
- As you would expect, you can shop online at Candy Coated Bags for new purses and plans to add gently used at bargain prices are underway. Not only are the bags supercute but the prices are very reasonable. Order one today!
- Be candy coated and share what’s in your bag…. Stephanie uses her blog to discuss color therapy, engage her readers and offer fun giveaways. Make sure you subscribe to her blog to stay up to date on all of the exciting things happening on her site, read posts from guest bloggers and submit pictures of your favorite handbag.
- Show how much you “like” Candy Coated Bags on Facebook
- Don’t forget to follow on Twitter so that you can be a part of the handbag conversation. Stephanie also provides inspiration and encouragement throughout the day to keep you uplifted.
- This successful sister is definitely a BOSS, if you haven’t joined, do so and send her a friend request. She is the person you need to know when searching for the perfect handbag.
Thanks for taking some time to get to know my friend, Stephanie Valentine. She has taken selling handbags to another level and is creating a powerful network along the way.
Don’t forget to check back next week, it could be all about YOU!