Not many people can live up to the hype that the media creates about them. This morning Lisa Nichols was the keynote speaker at the Black Enterprise Entrepreneur’s Conference.
I am not the type of person to give anyone a standing ovation but Lisa is not only a great motivational speaker but she is funny, personable and right on the mark. Check out the lessons that I learned from this phenomenal woman who has been featured on Oprah and Larry King Live.
- You must ACT on two things to change your business and personal life. First, when creating a business begin with the end in mind and determine what holistic success looks like. Then, create a no matter what mindset. You have to take every other option off the table.
- Your holistic success consists of four quadrants: having business & financial goals, developing your relationships to operate at their peak, maintaining your health and staying fit because your body is the machine to keep up with your mission and being spiritually balanced
- You are the first example of how the world is supposed to love you.
- Share your journey because you have a responsibility to give your best. It’s not about you. You were put here to do something bigger than you.
- If you want to be an entrepreneur, don’t resent your day job. It is your PIS (primary income stream). It allows you to keep the lights on and gives you the privilege to dream.
- Stop making “to do” lists and start making “to done” lists.
- When making a pitch about your business, be clear, concise, powerful and quick. Remember the WIIFM (what’s in it for me). Are you doing business like your life depends on it or are you giving leaving an option to get out? Are you willing to risk it all to have it all?
- You are destined for greatness!