Not everyone can afford to go out and buy a new wardrobe with the change of season. Use these five tips to update your wardrobe without breaking your budget.
- Lighten your make-up. The smoky look is great but it’s also nice to wear a natural look with glossy lips. It makes you look young and fresh.
- Put the pants away. Spring equals dresses and skirts in my world. If you prefer wearing pants, opt for a Capri with a dressy wedge or a knee length short with slingbacks. Unless you work in a corporate environment, capris and knee length shorts can be paired with a button down and light blazer for a professional look.
- Don’t be afraid of looking like a girl. Flowers and pastels are not your worst enemy. You don’t have to wear them every day but they can inspire a breath of fresh air into your wardrobe.
- Black, white and… There are so many bright colors that look great with your basic black and white pieces. Choose tops and/or accessories in vibrant colors like bright yellow, hot pink and royal blue.
- Get grounded and invest in a pair of flat sandals. They look great with everything from spring skirts to loose fitting rompers. Enjoy the journey of checking out all of the different styles until you find the pair that screams out your name.
- Lighten your tie. Put away your dark ties and pull out the lighter ones to brighten up those black and navy suits.
- Toe rules. There is nothing gay about getting a pedicure unless you are getting acrylic tips or colored nail polish on your toe nails. Otherwise, a pedicure is essential if you have any intentions of showing your feet in a public place.
- Roll your sleeves up. I know you guys enjoyed the button downs and sweater vests through fall and winter. You can still wear those button downs casually. Roll your sleeves up to about your elbow, pair them with jeans or cargos and your favorite street sneakers; you are ready for a casual outing.
- Restock your tees. Pants are a staple in a man’s wardrobe. It is worth it for you to invest in good pants because their fit is essential to your look. Tops, on the other hand, are less expensive and can give your classic bottoms a trendy look. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and try a few shirts in colors or styles that you might not usually like.
- The best accessory that a man can sport is a good haircut. There is absolutely positively no excuse for a man not to keep his hair looking right. Women go through fifty times as much to keep their do looking fresh; the least you can do is get a regular haircut.